Hi, I’m Pamela.
Welcome to Parenting For Brain! Thank you for being here.
I am an author, but first and foremost, I am a mother of a beautiful girl who stole my heart the moment she was born.
My childhood was filled with fears and tears. Growing up, I vowed never to treat my own child the same way I was treated.
“But how do I treat my kid with love and respect?” I asked myself after my daughter was born. It wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be. How we were raised heavily influences how we parent because that’s the only way we know.
If there’s anything my three college degrees have taught me, it’s the ability to learn. I was determined to learn how to parent my child differently.
My passion for science led me to read a lot of research and formulate science-based parenting strategies.
In 2015, I published Turning Tantrums Into Triumphs, which became an instant bestseller.
I founded Parenting For Brain in 2017 to share evidence-based parenting and child development information I’ve learned.
Today, Parenting For Brain serves millions of parents and caregivers worldwide. Universities and governments have cited its articles. Its parenting advice has been reprinted and referenced by the American Psychiatric Association, American Academy of Pediatrics, the United Nations, and in publications such as the USA Today, Huffington Post, Epoch Times, Mercury News, and Good Housekeeping.
But the best part is that my continuous learning and putting what I’ve learned into practice have helped me develop a strong relationship with my child. In contrast to the terrifying and painful home I grew up in, our home is full of laughter every day.
I hope to bring this happiness to all parents who want to break the cycle of childhood trauma. I am committed to providing parents with information that strengthens their relationships and promotes healthy brain development.
It would be my honor to be on this journey with them.
- MBA, Harvard University
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Stanford University
- BEng Honours in Electrical Engineering, McGill University
Specialties / Skills
- Parenting Styles
- Child Development
Publications / Honors / Awards
- Publication – Turning Tantrums Into Triumphs: Step-By-Step Guide To Stopping Toddler Tantrums
- Award – Fonds pour la Formation de Chercheurs et l’Aide a la Recherche
- Award – Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council Undergraduate Student Research Award
- Awards – Botterell Award, Galley Award, McConnell Award, Hurlbatt Scholarship, Hewlett-Packard Prize
- Child Trauma: 5 Tips To Help Children HealChild trauma can be caused by adverse events, such as … Read more
- 50+ Things Moms Say That Stick With UsFrom our wobbly first steps to those big life hurdles … Read more
- Things to say to someone who lost a parentThis guide is tailored for individuals looking to support a … Read more
- My Teenager Is Making Me DepressedAh, the teenage years. It’s a time of rebellion, identity … Read more
- Psychological Needs of HumansThe human psyche is a complex tapestry of emotions, desires, … Read more
- How To Deal With A Child That Cries Over Everything“Oh, not again!” Every parent has been there: that overwhelming … Read more
- Terrible Twos: How To Survive ItJust when you thought you’d crossed the finish line—your toddler … Read more
- What To Say When Someone’s Parent Is SickWhen a parent becomes sick, it’s like a sudden storm … Read more
- 50+ Things Controlling Parents SayA controlling parent operates like a puppet master in the … Read more
- How To Deal With 18-Month-Old Tantrums: 9 Powerful TipsPicture this: Your adorable 18-month-old, who just a moment ago … Read more
- Pavlov’s Dog & Classical ConditioningSometimes, the most profound insights emerge from the most unanticipated … Read more
- Repression vs. suppression: What’s the differenceThe main difference between repression and suppression is that suppression … Read more
- What Is Avoidance LearningThe human mind works in amazing ways. It operates with … Read more
- 7 Negative Effects of Emotion Suppression and Healthy AlternativesWe all experience a whirlwind of emotions every day, some … Read more
- 7 Steps to Stay Calm When Your Child is Having a TantrumWhen your child throws a tantrum, it can feel like … Read more
- Reframing Thoughts: 5 Pitfalls to Avoid and 10 Real-Life ExamplesOur minds are powerful. They help us make plans and … Read more
- How To Avoid a Power Struggle With Your Child (7 Tips)No parent wants to get locked into a battle of … Read more
- Can Emotional Trauma Cause Memory LossOur minds store a lot of information and memories. What … Read more
- Why Is My Toddler Hitting Me & 10 Tips To Stop ItAdorable giggles, cute mispronunciations, endless rounds of peekaboo, and… toddler … Read more
- 5 Tips on Developing Emotional MaturityHave you ever wondered why some people can navigate life’s … Read more
- Betrayal Trauma: 30 Symptoms, Causes, Effects, and RecoveryWhat is betrayal trauma Betrayal trauma occurs when the people … Read more
- Should You Ignore a Toddler’s TantrumOne of the most common advice given to parents dealing … Read more
- 21 Maladaptive Coping Examples and How To RecoverWhat Is Maladaptive Coping Maladaptive coping refers to coping strategies … Read more
- 50+ Things Narcissistic Fathers SayA narcissistic father is like the sun in his own … Read more
- Emotional Trauma From Parents: 5 Tips To Handle ItWhat is emotional trauma Emotional trauma is experiencing a severely … Read more
- Trauma Triggers: Effects & How to Overcome ThemHave you ever smelled a particular type of food and … Read more
- Trauma Responses & 15 Common ReactionsImagine you are eating at a fast food restaurant when … Read more
- Unresolved Trauma: 5 Signs and CausesWhat Is Unresolved Trauma Unresolved trauma exists when traumatic events … Read more
- How To Stop Yelling At Your Kids 5 TipsIt’s been a long day, you’re exhausted, and your patience … Read more
- How Does Trauma Affect The Brain In ChildrenWhat Is Trauma Trauma is a deeply distressing or disturbing … Read more
- 7 Psychological Effects Of Being Yelled At As A ChildYelling is a disciplinary method employed by most American parents.1 … Read more
- Different Types Of TraumaWhat Is Trauma The word trauma originates in Greek and … Read more
- 7 Annoying Things Parents Say To Their ChildrenParenting is a challenging journey filled with countless up and … Read more
- Attachment Issues: 30 Signs, Causes, and How To OvercomeWhat Is Attachment Attachment is the emotional bond between individuals, … Read more
- Attachment Trauma Causes, Effects & 7 Tips On How To HealWhat Is Attachment Trauma Attachment trauma occurs when there is … Read more
- 5 Most Annoying Things Parents DoMost parents don’t set out to annoy their children on … Read more
- Overindulgent Parenting: Are You Guilty?What Is Overindulgent Parenting Overindulgent parenting is a parenting style … Read more
- What Is Anxious Avoidant AttachmentWhat is anxious avoidant attachment While the term anxious-avoidant attachment … Read more
- Tantrum vs. Meltdown: What’s The DifferenceOne day, my daughter came to me in tears because … Read more
- 11 Tips On Effective Co-ParentingWhat Is Co-Parenting Co-parenting is a collaborative arrangement in which … Read more
- How To Deal With 7-Year-Old Temper TantrumsIs it normal for a 7-year-old to have tantrums It’s … Read more
- Intensive Parenting: Effects & 7 Tips On How To QuitWhat Is Intensive Parenting Intensive parenting is a parenting approach … Read more
- How To Prevent Reckless Behavior In TeenagersWhat Is Reckless Behavior Reckless behavior is irresponsible action that … Read more
- 7 Steps To Flexible ParentingWhat Is Flexible Parenting Flexible parenting allows parents to adapt … Read more
- 23 Red Flags In Teenage BehaviorAs parents, we’ve all been there—our once sweet, innocent child … Read more
- Coping Skills For Teens To Develop ResilienceNavigating the turbulent teen years can feel like riding a … Read more
- 7 Tips On How To Talk To A Teenager Who Doesn’t Want To TalkAs children grow into teenagers, it is common for them … Read more
- Parental Rejection Effects and Coping StrategiesWhat is Parental Rejection Parental rejection is the absence or … Read more
- How To Deal With Teenage Attitude: 10 TipsDealing with a teenager’s attitude can be a source of … Read more
- Trauma Informed Parenting: 7 PracticesWhat is Trauma Informed Parenting Trauma-informed parenting is an approach … Read more